BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 22: Don't Shed a Tear.... PAINT!

Hubby is still not openly or outwardly reacting to his grandmother's death.

I opened the fridge today to find it totally and completely cleaned out (a job I had been meaning to do and had put off for this weekend).

We had breakfast with my daughter and her fiance.

We were right next door to a Lowe's, and my husband said that he wanted to head over after breakfast to pick up some adhesive in order to re-glue some tiles back into the border of our counter top.

We walked out of Lowe's with the adhesive, but an unexpected purchase of 2 brushes, 1 roller and pan kit, 1 Gallon of base paint, and 2 quarts of glaze because he announced... we need to start painting the rooms.

We came home and began to paint the dining room and kitchen. He began immediately after walking in the door.

It's sad in a way that he isn't showing any reaction to her death.. I know he loved her.

It's amazing that I am recognizing his mourning... Scrubbing the kitchen floor, cleaning out the fridge, painting rooms... these are not things he does normally without much prodding and nagging.

I wonder how many things will get done before he finally sheds a tear?

I wonder if he will. He isn't a "macho" individual. He will shed a tear when moved to... He will cry when one of our animals dies... or if a movie touches him.

I'm not sure what's holding them back right now? I wonder if he's going to break down hard at the funeral because he hasn't outwardly grieved yet?

I'll be ready. I wonder if he will be?

Nite World


0 comments: