BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1 - Introductions, you know... the formalities

I watched the movie Julie and Julia for the first time earlier today and it inspired me to blog daily for at least 365 days. I would have loved to have been Julie, to really DO something during these 365 days, but unfortunately, I'm just not THAT motivated... plus with 3 hours of commute daily (yep... that's an hour-and-a-half each way), trying to create a gourmet meal after work every night of the week would have us eating at midnight... and Julie already did it anyway LOL.

What inspired me was that she says it was "therapeutic" for her. That it made her a better person... well... I definitely need therapy LOL... and I definitely could be a better person LOL!
How could making a commitment to posting a blog daily for 365 days be therapeutic for me? Well.... I'm not very good at practicing openness... I've got this self-erected hedge around me... oh, did I mention that hedge is hidden behind a brick wall? Well, since I'm divulging... I guess I should also mention that brick wall is hidden behind a steel reinforced bomb-shelter.... I could continue with the stupid metaphors... but I'm pretty sure you get the point.

Regardless of the stupid metaphors, I need to practice allowing myself to be vulnerable... out there... transparent. I need to share myself and just take my chances that I could get slammed, rejected, maybe even made fun of by doing so.... seems I always do, but I need to deal with that as it comes.
With that said, I'm beginning this in a contradiction because I'm starting this anonymously. Yes... for my protection. I'll work on being more vulnerable as I go, I mean, that's the whole point of this exercise.

Enough foreplay... let's get down to it shall we (the introductions that is).. I'm female. 48 (49 this July). I have a 21-year-old daughter who is my heart, my pride and joy, and I'm married. I'm in a management position at my job and I LOVE MY JOB. Yep... really!


I was born in New York in a little place called Waverly that I've never seen on the map. My parents relocated to Arizona right before I turned 5 and I've pretty much lived here ever since. I spent 2 years in Colorado and 1 year in Montana then returned to Arizona.

I HATE Arizona! I hate the heat! I hate the cactus! I hate the desert! Why do I stay? I don't freakin know!! I guess it's just too hard to move to another state when you have spent your whole life somewhere.


I love animals, but only the soft furry ones that I can cuddle with. I'm not into reptiles. I think birds are beautiful, but I can't stand to see them caged. I think fish are beautiful, but I think they are too much work for just "looking" at them.


I love contemporary Christian music, and the music that is popular on the radio today. I do NOT like gangsta rap, but I love the old rap (MC Hammer type stuff). I do NOT like country western music, although there are a couple of songs I do like. I love a lot of the songs by Pink, Fergie, and Alanis, but my fav vocalist right now is Rob Thomas. There's just something about his voice that soothes me.


Okay, that's a start on being open and transparent and introducing myself... a little anyway. I have no idea what I'll post tomorrow. I don't know if I'll actually end up posting every single day for 365 days... but that's the intention so (shrugs)... I guess time will tell.

Good night world! Sleep well!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how comments show up...

Just me