BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 15: My daughter told me she is moving out

It breaks my heart, but I know it will be so much better for her.

My husband, her stepfather of 16 years, makes her life miserable most of the time. She strives for his acceptance and his love. Yes, I know, even after their past. It's heartbreaking when you think about it.

My husband is one of the most "pissy" people I've ever known. His friends and co-workers never see it and wouldn't believe it if I told them. To them he's the greatest guy in the world. Funny, charming, always in a good mood, always a friend, always ready and willing to give you the shirt off his back. If you are a friend or co-worker.

Family members on the other hand, well that's a different story. We get all the rest. The grumpiness, the gloominess, the irritability. Or... we just flat get ignored. This is where my daughter falls. He is either complaining about her, or something she does, or he is ignoring her altogether.

About two months ago he flew off the handle about something, and although it was something that also upset me... I talked to her about it. His way of dealing with it was to inform me that he was going to give her and her fiance 60 days to find a different place to live.

It became a huge disagreement between my husband and I. I will never kick my daughter out of my home. She pays 1/2 of all the bills (not counting the 8 months we gave them to not have to pay anything and get on their feet). She causes me no grief or strife. I enjoy having her near.

So that she would not be caught off guard I told her he was planning on telling her to leave. He never told her, but she has found someplace to go anyway. I'm happy for her. It breaks my heart, but I will not let her know that because it's breaking her heart and I don't want to make that worse.

I simply told her I'll be sad to see her go, but that it will all be for the best and she will be much happier. Then I told her that nothing will ever come between us... even when we live apart.

Nite World

0 comments: