BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 9: A very very LAZY day... I didn't do a darn thing!

I don't know if I mentioned this in a previous blog, but I work 4-10's with Mondays off.

Today I didn't do a darn thing all day! Okay, well I did the dishes, and played Last Chaos, and watched some movies, and helped set a trap to catch a loose horse...

But other than that... I was just flat lazy all day!

I fell asleep on the couch watching tv again, and just woke up realizing that I better start blogging earlier or I'm going to break my commitment to myself simply because I fall asleep. And that... would really irritate me.... to break it for a reason like that.

Our neighbor's horse got away from them 3 days after they bought it. It's been hanging around our place because we also have horses. When I say neighbor by the way.... they are about a quarter mile away. Oh yeah... did I ever mention I live in a valley in the middle of the desert?

Anyway, we've been trying to lure this horse into a pen, and for two weekends in a row the neighbors have invited friends over with horses and they've been trying to catch the horse.

It finally got thirsty enough today to drink water out of my cupped hands, and allow me to reach up and touch him. I was able to lure him into the trap pen... but I made no attempt to close him in. It was just me and he's already gone right through and right over other attempts to catch him, so I just lured him in so that he would get comfortable coming into the pen for food and water.

A couple more days of him getting comfortable in there and we'll try to shut the gates behind him.

It's not easy, they aren't on hinges... they are just panels, and so they drag on the ground.

But.. that's all I did today.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Nite World

1 comments:

Angelus: said...

Sometimes A lazy day is needed to replenish the body and mind. Your very lucky in that you live in Gods country and so take respite from that when the world is maddening around you. Tis not your reason to question as to why, but more for them to have to explain at some point in time to themselves as to why. Live for you and smile for when we do.. others see the beauty that is surely us inside and out.